Re: [ossig] FC2 Linux need to upgrade

Nicholas A. Suppiah wrote:

> Yes there is a list at distrowatch but I'd appreciate your kind input on
> what is your preferred new system.

Meaning what ? Want to go for the most popular ?

For the last few years, and with the full knowledge to eventually incite
flame, I got stuck to two alternatives: Debian (Desktop) and OpenBSD
(server-wise). And I see no single argument against this choice, except
'eye-candy' or 'bleeding-edge'. None of those, though, are valid
arguments against common usage (mail, office, browsing, audio&video).

2 and 2 sen,

Uwe