Re: [ossig] FC2 Linux need to upgrade

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 13:59 +0800, Nicholas A. Suppiah wrote:
> Yes there is a list at distrowatch but I'd appreciate your kind input on
> what is your preferred new system.

Pretty much all distros give you the same stuff, with the goodness
varying in minor ways. What you really should be basing your choice on
is:

a) Packaging mechanisms
b) Distribution mechanisms
c) Release timelines
d) Policy on stability, and testing
e) Freeness
f) Backward software compatibility support
g) Corporate support
h) Local support

etc.

My favourite at this point is Freebsd (yes, I know its not a linux
distro), as it fits my needs for (a), (b), (e), (f), (h). The rest are
not an issue for me.

Ditesh