[ossig] PHP on IBM AS/400

http://andigutmans.blogspot.com/2006/04/php-coming-to-i5os.html

"...

As part of this project we will be providing all i5/OS users Zend Core
for i5/OS for free. This will very much lower the barrier of entry to
get up and running with PHP. We will also be providing ways for them to
access their existing code-base by creating language bridges (such as an
RPG bridge), native drivers for accessing DB2/400, and various other
bridges to operating system services. I believe this initiative will
have a huge impact on the i5/OS community, which has primarly been
offered Java as a way to Web and Web Service enable their platform, but
as most of us PHPers know, Java is just too damn hard and takes too much
time... :)

... "

Ditesh