[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ossig] oracle to buy Novell?
- To: ossig@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [ossig] oracle to buy Novell?
- From: BIGrat <tikus.besar@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 06:04:53 +0800
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=Nj9oam9ANX6eEE6NOdEEK+haZWBKVunKCl+xOAsxuWegRXC43VKDfpJJI2TobNAB4/1xLqT046W9a8/VBWpSaiMHqtmd91MUZP57airM3+jhAJ4kRfpKZdRCe3520nZlag6eIdd9yDKG5Ou4lDBN7y82IdORNrqWtswW9WjuRRM=
- Reply-To: ossig@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-ossig@xxxxxxxxxxx
Oracle Considering Own Linux Version
April 17, 2006, 11:08 AM
most known for its database software, is considering whether to release
its own Linux distribution, and has even discussed the possibility of
buying Novell in the process. The news, revealed Monday by the
Financial Times, follows the purchase of JBoss by Red Hat.
JBoss providing software that competes in the business market with
Oracle, Red Hat has become a potential rival. Red Hat is the largest
distributor of the Linux operating system, which Oracle relies upon to
sell its own products. "We have to re-look at the relationship; so does
IBM," Oracle CEO Larry Ellison told the FT.
It's far easier to fight for your beliefs and than live up to it.