[ossig] ralationship betw redhat's purchase of JBoss and Oracle's interest in Novell

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/7354696c-cd86-11da-afcd-0000779e2340.html

Red Hat's own acquisition last week of JBoss – another open source company whose products compete with Oracle and IBM – could shake up alliances in the Linux world and provide another reason to act, said Mr Ellison.

"Now that Red Hat . . . competes with us in middleware, we have to re-look at the relationship – so does IBM," he said.

On Red Hat's growing influence and its ambitions to reach beyond the Linux operating system, he added: "I don't think Oracle and IBM want another Microsoft in Red Hat."

--
It's far easier to fight for your beliefs and than live up to it.