Re: [ossig] Roundtable on Intellectual Property Right Cooperation Between Malaysia and the US

"The US Congress demands equal to US IPR protection, or else the FTA would not be approved. This boils down to an all or nothing situation."

This is serious shit. If and when ever Malaysia signs an FTA with the USA, that will be the day software patents are allowed.

1. We know the USA will NEVER budge on this issue.
2. We know Malaysia wants an FTA with the USA.

If they won't budge, and the government wants an FTA with them, then the software patent situation is inevitable.