RE: [myoss] Re: [ossig] Open Document Format Gets ISO Approval

Income tax E-Filing was a real sad case. Eagerly I looked forward to do
it, but guess what? The instructions requested for very Microsoft
specific systems to enable anyone access to it.

Its as if they are assuming they whole Malaysia is running on MS systems
when they mention that next year onwards there will be no more forms
sent by them to each of us payers. Any Mac users managed to do an
E-Filing?

TheStar 4th May mentioned that "response from taxpayers have been very
good" but that was only 120,000 of those paying taxes. I wonder whats
the percentage like (Is it possible to have 1.2 Million tax payers? That
would make 10% who filled E-filing).

Any how, I guess they are not into open standards (for now) and
government agencies related to open source have not shown any move to
rectify things for a better future of MalaySia. Then again, maybe
retraction of IRB to provide forms next year is a sign. Some activity is
taking place.