Re: [ossig] FC2 Linux need to upgrade

I'm using Debian Etch (a.k.a testing) on my workstation. At home, I
have another machine running Debian Sarge (a.k.a stable), waiting to
be put "live" soon.

One of the servers at the office is running Debian Sarge, "live" and
serving any request that come.

Two of my colleague at office are also using Debian, but they are more
adventurous to use Sid (a.k.a unstable). They even rebuild their
Debian from source, using apt-build and latest kernel using make-kpkg.
One of my ex-collegue is also a die-hard Debian user.

Oh.. I forgot to mention, my machine at home is running Debian Woody
(old stable version) previously, but I upgraded it to Debian Sarge
(new stable version), just by downloading the required files from
Internet. Just change the /etc/apt/sources.list, type apt-get update,
then apt-get dist-upgrade, and you are good to go.

Can RPM-based distro do that? Fedora has yum, and it should be able to
do dist-upgrade equivalent as well, but I never tried it before.

If anybody want to use local Debian mirror, you can find it at
http://mymirror.asiaosc.org/debian-distro/ and
http://mirror.oscc.org.my/Debian/

On 5/10/06, Ditesh Kumar <ditesh@gathani.org> wrote:

> Debian in the wild in .my? Never seen it, unfortunately. Hell, I've seen
> Ubuntu being used on a server system, but not Debian. Debian doesn't
> seem too popular here, but it is wildly popular elsewhere.
>
> Regards,
> Ditesh

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan