Re: [ossig] [Fwd: Re: [NOSI discussion] The Code Breakers - A BBCWorld Documentary]

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 06:33 +0800, Molly Cheah wrote:

> The silence on the code breakers episode one was most deafening. I
> thought I'd forward this posting on the nosi list to see if there is any
> local reaction.
> Molly

Molly, it's best to raise these concerns straight to the the BBC World
editors if there is a BBC feedback address, or even to info@iosn.net.

It's extremely frustrating when they ask for "balance" and that's how MS
usually does the arm twisting to get their say in various meetings,
events, publications etc. In general people (higher ups that get
lobbied) don't understand that even if it was 100% FOSS, it's still a
major imbalance in terms of exposure compared to MS's USD500 million
dollar ad campaign.

Public opinion/criticism such as the forwarded message is very much
welcome. Not only for this, but for any MS initiative that doesn't
mention FOSS.

Regards