Re: [ossig] "What is Firefox ?" or: Where is MAMPU ?

Nur Hussein wrote:
>     Or, to get quite another perspective into it:
>     Maybe we need an ombudsperson to check that official sites are
>     standards
>     compliant. Someone *must* be in the position to check that e-something
>     of government is available to everyone.
>

> I brought this up when meeting the MAMPU folks the other day, the answer
> is basically "it's unenforcable".

Which is only true as long as there is no political will. There *ought*
to be someone checking accessibility of websites.

> There are a *LOT* of idiots like that out there. There is no solution to
> this, except if someone invented a vaccine for stupidity.

Accountability. If the same person worked for Google, he'd have to
seriously defend his position, and be taken accountable for what he does.
Maybe this is why that person voted for Civil Service, instead ?

Uwe

"What is the difference between genius and stupidity? Genius has limits."
Albert Einstein