Re: [ossig] "What is Firefox ?" or: Where is MAMPU ?

Dinesh Nair wrote:

> <quote document=MyGIF>
> It is strongly recommended that Government web content authors
> test the compatibility of their content with different
> combinations of popular browser configurations (including
> Netscape Navigator v4.7x or later, and Microsoft IE v5.x or
> later) and popular operating system configurations (including
> Microsoft Windows) and consult the appropriate vendor
> documentation which discusses restrictions and deviations from
> the specifications.
>
> Government web masters should also state on their web page
> how the content can best be viewed.
> </quote>

What would MyGIF be, then ? (I could Google; though I guess when
'Firefox' is not known, how would MyGIF be known ? ;) How binding or
enforceable is that ?)

Actually, the last sentence is the worst of all, to me. "This Shell
Gasoline Station fills Perodua best" or "Volvo fuel tanks have inlets
for BP" ??

Thanks anyway,

Uwe