[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ossig] Radio Advertisements - Light & Easy
- To: ossig@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [ossig] Radio Advertisements - Light & Easy
- From: "Jason Tan Boon Teck" <jasontn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 14:41:29 +0800
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=BYWNmnJ59VYe1cX47xDkkVaFoc7unHoKnsSDgfWxQfm/nCfzjOEKHPSSYJlNZsSAHWIbMuV6qZjdct7QHRXYzF9aymF4nI0lmIjTQwXLqZiJxM7kTWjx+n1FYoB2re+otlueOpTAN+j97bEdKzt0MBSlQ3hfIbbGxBN5qW+PNYQ=
- In-Reply-To: <4480EB33.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <FCD6868315B3AF4B90270FE4C10A1DC356473D@saturn.apiit.edu.my> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4480EB33.email@example.com>
- Reply-To: ossig@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-ossig@xxxxxxxxxxx
Follow the money ... and you'll get your answers.
On 6/3/06, Aizat Faiz <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Maulvi Bakar wrote:
> Dear all
> Earlier today, I was listening to Light & Easy Radio (
105.7 I think)..
> I heard this quite so interesting advert. Basically the advert is
> encouraging it's listeners to take control of all the softwares being
> installed in their companies. Something about advising you to do audits
> and stuff, also encouraging the listeners to get genuine copies of their
> softwares. Lastly, it says it is a community service advert from Light
> & Easy.. (I know some people call it Station for 'Orang tua-tua, so sue
> me ;-)
> I wonder, if the add is really a 'community service' from the station
> itself, maybe we should approach them to enlighten them about the
> availability of Free (Libre and Beer/Teh Tarik) and Open Source
> Softwares. We should approach them not just as concerned individuals
> but also as user-groups and such. Maybe the advert can be enhaced a bit
> to add something on Free (Libre and Beer/Teh Tarik) and Open Source
> Softwares. Maybe a little publicity for the Malaysian OSS scene as
> well. Make it simple, quote the myoss website address on air maybe?
> (Make sure links to alternative softwares prominently displayed of course)
> Another thought, I've been thinking, if there's an advert on Light &
> Easy, there should be other stations as well.
> Lastly, I really hope these adverts are really 'community service' from
> the stations, not 'behind the scenes sponsored without credits' adverts
> by a certain corporate entity or something with ulterior hidden agendas
> and motives.
> Sincere regards and thanks
> Maulvi Bakar
> To unsubscribe: send mail to email@example.com
> with "unsubscribe ossig" in the body of the message
I have in fact listened to the same adverts, and also there was once the
radio announcer asked a question "What is the website of Microsoft 'Get
the Facts Campaign'?" to win prizes.
If you know anyone in L&E it would be great,
aizat faiz: sleep to the power of z. -_-;;^zzz
strange symphonies -
Malaysia Free and Open Source Group:
To unsubscribe: send mail to
with "unsubscribe ossig" in the body of the message
Jason Tan Boon Teck
"I do not wish to realise when I die, that I had not lived ... Carpe diem."