Re: [ossig] Data Warehouse

> first , are u doing a survey or really looking for collaboration in developing a DW application?

Actually both, i'm doing a small survey about how far people think they can develop a Data Warehouse system.

I see this is a good project to start as open source to down costs of IT, but many ppl say why do Data Warehouse project while there are SAP, Oracle, Micro$ofts products ...etc

That's why one has to ask before wasting effort and time!!

> - do u possess any specific skills in this area?
I've some experience in financial modules for an Automotive Industrial company.

> - what type of resources are u looking for ?
Well, this is my first project i do it using java, and MySQL as backend DBMS
the knowledge skills required to develope Data Warehouse systems:
1- IT knowledge:
        a. Programming Languages.
        b. DBMS.
        b. Performance Tuning.
        c. Security Issues.
2- Busingess Knowledge:
        a. Enterprise->Companies->Modules->SubModules Business Process Management.
        b. Extremely Flexible Reporting System, Becuase Reporting System is the Top Management Candy, i ppl pay much attention and money for Candy :D

> - do u know what it takes to develop such an application?
It costs:
       a. Knowledge
       b. Software.
       c. Hardware.
       d. People.

Now, where is your Answers?!

Best Regards,
Mohammad Nabil

PC Low <tikus.besar@gmail.com> wrote:

                          Do any body here interrested in starting/joining an open source project for data warehouse system?

- if yes tell why?
- if no tell why?

first , are u doing a survey or really looking for collaboration in developing a DW application?

secondly,

--
It's far easier to fight for your beliefs and than live up to it.

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.