From: owner-ossig@mncc.com.my [mailto:owner-ossig@mncc.com.my] On Behalf Of
Ditesh Kumar
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:26 PM
To: myoss@my-opensource.org
Cc: ossig@mncc.com.my
Subject: [ossig] Changes in the industry

In recent times, the following has occured:

a) Sun announces change of guard
b) Microsoft announces change of guard
c) Novell announces change of guard
d) (less relevant) SGI announces change of guard

The industry seems to be going through a shakeup. All are having
financial issues (issues meaning that they ain't keeping the
shareholders happy, happy being a relative term of course). The first
three have a substantive stake in the success (or lack there of) in
foss.

A fairly broad question - how do you chaps see these changes affecting
the commercial foss industry?

On a personal note, I hope (c) doesn't affect Novell's substantial foss
offerings. Some very interesting work is ongoing there!

Regards,
Ditesh