Re: [ossig] Changes in the industry

On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 11:01 +0800, Raja Iskandar Shah wrote:
> personally, on the local front i see a lot of web related companies
> picking up foss applications as the first choice of platform and putting

that's always heartening to see, isn't it? :-) having had done that in
the past myself, the ability to have commercial backing by the big mnc's
always have helped in building confidence levels in the
client/customer.

hence my concern that changes of guard in those mnc's will lead to
changes in their product line focus. sun seems to be less of a concern
for now given that schwartz is pro-foss (for now :-p). novell is of a
bigger concern for me now as i've no background on ron's inclination wrt
foss.

regards,
ditesh