Re: [ossig] Changes in the industry

On 06/24/06 11:01 Raja Iskandar Shah said the following:
> encouraging trend to the local ict industry in moving upwards from sales
> dealer to being 'value-add'ers

this is indeed an encouraging trend, but it can't stagnate here. as an
industry, particularly one which needs to be driven by indigenous software,
we need to move across the entire software stack. in the malaysian space,
this means more concentration on admittedly more complex and sophisticated
software lower down the stack: operating systems, drivers, embedded
devices, database engines, network-related technologies to name a few.

dinesh@alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/