Re: [ossig] JSP v PHP for Biz Intelligence Application

hi Raja,

In my humble opinion, J2ee/jsp etc is worth your investment in time and effort.
"Pain once, enjoy later".

Cheers
Vincent

--- Raja Iskandar Shah <ris.riscniaga@time.net.my> wrote:

> yup, will need to integrate with existing enterprise apps. when i
> mentioned jsp, it means the whole stack including j2ee, etc. i have
> looked at www.pentaho.org which is java based and that looks promising.
> but my current resource skill is in php.
>
> if i go with java, then i need to invest in reskilling my resources, if
> i go with php then i need to invest in development.
>
> my intent in asking is like to foretell the future, whether java or php
> will prevail in the biz intelligence field. heck, it might even be
> something different.
>
> thanks for the comments so far.
>

> Raja Iskandar Shah
> http://www.norazilaco.biz

Wavelet Solutions Sdn Bhd (www.wavelet.biz)
GC-43, Ground Floor, Block C,
Kelana Square, 17 Jalan SS7/26,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Selangor, Malaysia.
H/P: 012-6018838
Tel: 03-78042287 / 78042207
Fax: 03-78042281
IF BETTER IS POSSIBLE, GOOD IS NOT ENOUGH
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail. Thank you.