Re: [ossig] JSP v PHP for Biz Intelligence Application

I disagree that PHP is a 'hack'. It has less hooks to other enterprise
(read 'vendor developed') applications but it is as compelling a
platform as any.

Having said as much I work exclusively with J2EE in my day job,
primarily because it is more acceptable to my buying customers (it's
easier internal justification). Ultimately most vendors would pick J2EE
as it is the path of least resistance to selling the app itself. However
if you are developing an internal app that you need to maintain
yourself, with limited resources, I strongly recommend Ruby on Rails.

Uwe Dippel wrote:
> Vincent Lee wrote:
>> that is very true, I used to work in DBS BANK, and the policy is NO
>> to PHP.
>> Only .net or j2ee.
>
> I dunno about all this.
> But to me, though I prefer php, php is more of a 'hack'. In order to
> get it 'tight', there's more to work on. Then better start with JSP in
> the first place.
>
> 2 sen,
>
> Uwe

Sau Sheong