Re: [ossig] JSP v PHP for Biz Intelligence Application

fully agree, given project scope, goals and budget.

assuming the accounting concept of "going concern", the financial applications
will be used for a long time to come, and continue to be sold to reputable
banks, and even to integrate with many other systems.... I would humbly
recommend j2ee.

there's a difference between building an application and building a normal
web-site with web technology... since this is for financial sector... I would
choose j2ee if I am Raja. just my 2 cents worth...

--- Ditesh Kumar <ditesh@gathani.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 11:18 +0800, Raja Iskandar Shah wrote:
> > any tips / thots between using jsp or php ? this is for a web
> > application for a (mainly intranet) business intelligence application
> > for industries in the financial sector.
>
> fwiw, this question doesn't make sense. its like asking "should i use a
> monster truck or wira to drive to seremban?"
>
> determine your project scope, goals and budget, determine your
> resources, and go with the best solution for the job at hand.
>
> ditesh

Wavelet Solutions Sdn Bhd (www.wavelet.biz)
GC-43, Ground Floor, Block C,
Kelana Square, 17 Jalan SS7/26,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Selangor, Malaysia.
H/P: 012-6018838
Tel: 03-78042287 / 78042207
Fax: 03-78042281
IF BETTER IS POSSIBLE, GOOD IS NOT ENOUGH
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail. Thank you.