Re: [ossig] JSP v PHP for Biz Intelligence Application

for financial applications, from security to scalability, from exception
handling to transaction management (at application level, not db level), from
application architecture to various other reasons... from speed to code
manageability....

most importantly, even if php beat j2ee in all technical aspects (which is not
true), the mileage gained from deploying j2ee systems lend more credibility,
hence command a hire price from pure marketing angle..... since this is a web
application for the financial sector, commercially, technically, I would like
to humbly recommend j2ee...

--- Ditesh Kumar <ditesh@gathani.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 11:28 +0100, Vincent Lee wrote:
> > there's a difference between building an application and building a normal
> > web-site with web technology... since this is for financial sector... I
> would
> > choose j2ee if I am Raja. just my 2 cents worth...
>
> putting aside client side considerations and looking only at technology
> considerations, what are the problems that you see with using php in the
> financial sector?
>
> while we are at it, defining "financial sector" would help frame the
> boundaries of the arguments made.
>
> ditesh

Wavelet Solutions Sdn Bhd (www.wavelet.biz)
GC-43, Ground Floor, Block C,
Kelana Square, 17 Jalan SS7/26,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Selangor, Malaysia.
H/P: 012-6018838
Tel: 03-78042287 / 78042207
Fax: 03-78042281
IF BETTER IS POSSIBLE, GOOD IS NOT ENOUGH
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail. Thank you.