Re: [ossig] JSP v PHP for Biz Intelligence Application

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 12:56 +0100, Vincent Lee wrote:
> i can understand your wealth of knowledge in stateless management, and all the
> skills in various php engines/platforms... very good ;-)...

i actually started on j2ee, moved to php.

> my company, and many other companies still choose j2ee as their platform for
> developing commercial financial applications, including ERP etc.

ok, good for you.

> Since you are quite good in PHP, any reasons why these financial software
> companies don't use PHP, but they choose J2EE? May be you can share with us?

and putting the onus on me to prove your argument to use j2ee over php?
heh. clearly when you made your recommendation to use j2ee over php, you
must had a reason. i have not seen any articulated yet.

> For websites, php is cool, for web-based financial applications, I still
> recommend j2ee.....

the problem is that you have not justified why, else the recommendation
to use j2ee over php will not carry any merit.

ditesh