Re: [ossig] JSP v PHP for Biz Intelligence Application

Title:
mel wrote:
On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 18:47 +0800, Chang Sau Sheong wrote:

Oh, we sell to banks and it's too much of a pain to explain why PHP.

a pain? how so?

Eh? Precisely. My company sells features and functions to banks who couldn't care less abt PHP or J2EE. However they also have a server room full of J2EE apps to integrate with, and they have no time to cater for a vendor who would even talk anything than what they want to hear.

 And certainly my sales people won't do that :) In any case most of
the solution is not web based.

like?

Eh? Not all applications in the world are web-based :) Only the GUI functions are web-based and they're abt 20% of the solution.

--mel
http://theron.com.my/blog