Re: [ossig] JSP v PHP for Biz Intelligence Application

j2ee is very huge.... if I start talking about a small part of j2ee, the
technical discussion may be skewed, if I start talking about the entire j2ee, a
few emails won't be enough (may be thousand of emails - which I don't have the
time to do so)... that's why I avoid going into specific features of a
platform, readers could swing from one angle to another....

essentially, j2ee is preferred as a whole package for "financial
applications"... more details available at http://java.sun.com/ . Once you read
browse thru the entire website, you don't need to be a smart person to figure
out why java is preferred...

for cool websites... php ( I do that on tikiwiki, my company website is also
using php), for financial applications... j2ee lor...

--- mel <melingm@gmail.com> wrote:

> > my company, and many other companies still choose j2ee as their platform
> for
> > developing commercial financial applications, including ERP etc.
>
> i started with j2ee as well to develop some huge critical apps before
> and the reasons were exactly what you've argued for here. but that was
> four years ago - and now, i don't see any reason why php is inferior
> compared to j2ee for financial apps. can you elaborate? cut out the
> marketing/business stuff...
>
> --mel
> http://theron.com.my/blog

Wavelet Solutions Sdn Bhd (www.wavelet.biz)
GC-43, Ground Floor, Block C,
Kelana Square, 17 Jalan SS7/26,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Selangor, Malaysia.
H/P: 012-6018838
Tel: 03-78042287 / 78042207
Fax: 03-78042281
IF BETTER IS POSSIBLE, GOOD IS NOT ENOUGH
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail. Thank you.