Re: [ossig] JSP v PHP for Biz Intelligence Application

Sau Sheong just brought up a good point, j2ee can support both thick client and
thin client, applet can be loaded into web-browser, or run independently.... a
bit difficult for php to do that..

of course, there are many more technical merits of j2ee, but I try not to
dwelve into it.....

--- Chang Sau Sheong <cssheong@pacific.net.sg> wrote:

> mel wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 18:47 +0800, Chang Sau Sheong wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, we sell to banks and it's too much of a pain to explain why PHP.
> >>

> > a pain? how so?
> >

> Eh? Precisely. My company sells features and functions to banks who
> couldn't care less abt PHP or J2EE. However they also have a server room
> full of J2EE apps to integrate with, and they have no time to cater for
> a vendor who would even talk anything than what they want to hear.
> >>  And certainly my sales people won't do that :) In any case most of
> >> the solution is not web based.
> >>

> > like?
> >
> Eh? Not all applications in the world are web-based :) Only the GUI
> functions are web-based and they're abt 20% of the solution.
>
> > --mel
> > http://theron.com.my/blog

> --
> Sau Sheong
>
> http://blog.saush.com - brain dump
> http://www.projectible.com - online project publishing
> http://jaccal.sourceforge.net - smart card toolkit
> http://screensvr.rubyforge.org - Flickr screensaver

Wavelet Solutions Sdn Bhd (www.wavelet.biz)
GC-43, Ground Floor, Block C,
Kelana Square, 17 Jalan SS7/26,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Selangor, Malaysia.
H/P: 012-6018838
Tel: 03-78042287 / 78042207
Fax: 03-78042281
IF BETTER IS POSSIBLE, GOOD IS NOT ENOUGH
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail. Thank you.