Re: [ossig] GPL version 3 conference in Bangalore, Aug 23-24

On 7/25/06, Ditesh Kumar <ditesh@gathani.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 21:40 -0400, Jaya Kumar wrote:
> > For those ossig and myoss members who had expressed interest in GPLv3
> > at AsiaOSS, there's now an opportunity to participate in our region.
> > rms (Richard Stallman) and Eben Moglen will both be coming to
> > Bangalore to talk about the philosophy behind GPLv3 and the purpose of
> > the changes. A lot of discussion around the DRM related clauses is
> > anticipated.
>
> Looks good :)
>
> On a sidenote, is foss.in 2006 happening?

Yup, it is happening. Atul Chitnis, the lead organizer said that they
are finalizing infrastructure plans and they should know exactly what
dates and where the event will be held within several days.
Previously, it was held Nov 29-Dec 2nd and that is expected to still
be the same. In the past, it has always been held in Bangalore. They
wanted to change the location this year, in part to help establish the
event as having broader scope than Bangalore. I've heard conversations
that it is planned somewhere scenic this year. Once they report it,
I'll forward it on.

Perhaps we can organize a Malaysian delegation to foss.in and build
more international relationships?

Thanks,
jayakumar